Wednesday 25 January 2017

Tales of Love # 1

WE WERE ONCE INSEPARABLE # 1

We were once inseparable
Soul mates incarnate
Held by an eternal bond
As strong as tungsten
Yet soft as pure silk
I thought our union
Would last for ever
Even to the end of eternity
But the bonds that held us
Have disappeared
Like tears in the rain

I WAS LEFT DIMINISHED

I was left diminished
When your light went out
It left a shadow on my soul
And my heart was left
As an empty vessel
By your absence

You now walk
In heavens light
Surrounded by Gods love
With angels song
On the scented air

As I sit cold and alone
In the home we shared
A place full of memories
Where once I felt so at home
Now I wish to be there no more
Reminded every waking moment
Of my cruel loss
So I sit alone and crave
The moment of my own passing
So our souls will be reunited
And we can be together once more

IN THIS AMPHITHEATRE OF HOPE

In this amphitheatre of hope
I've made a life for me
With the woman of my dreams
Made manifest for all to see

Like an object and its shadow
She is every bit a part of me
Our souls as one element
Infinitely joined for all to see

I SEE THE BRIGHT STARS HIGH ABOVE ME

I see the bright stars high above me
I almost feel they are a part of me
But as each one sparkles like a gem
I know one day I will be part of them

I HAD A VIVID DREAM

I had a vivid dream
And you were there
Lovely as the day we met.
I smelt your perfume
It was heavenly
A fragrance so evocative
I was intoxicated
It was blessed Euphoria.
I felt your caress
Tender like the first time
It was so real
My flesh tingled
The hairs on my neck stood up.
I kissed your lips
Like I did so many times
And my heart missed a beat
Just as it always did.
I would have stayed with you
Forever in your embrace
I wanted to stay
But I was dragged away
To awake in the real world
Where you no longer reside
And I was once again alone
But for a short time
I had you back
Even if it was just a dream
But what a special dream
A priceless dream
A dream, that if I could
I would dream again and again

SHE WAS A TAXI DANCER

She was a Taxi dancer
10 cents a dance
He was a patron
And they were dance partners
Each night he would be there
A pocket full of tickets
Each night he looked for her
And they danced all night
He lived for the dances
All day he watched the clock
All night he danced with her
He thought she was special
He hoped he was too
But she was a Taxi dancer
10 cents a dance
She liked to dance
But she liked her commission more
He was just a pocketful of tickets
Nothing more than a cash cow
Who lost his heart
To a dime-a-dance girl

GRACILE

Moving Gracefully
Like a snow white swan
On a glassy lake.
You came into my life

Like an angel
Descending from heaven
On pure white wings
You changed me forever

But your gracile elegance
Mesmerized me
And blinkered me
To your true nature

Because hidden from me
Beneath the surface
And belying the grace
You were no angel

SETTING SAIL

Though you have been
A fair wind
Billowing my sails
My heart still craves
New shores
To beach my skiff upon
And it aches
For fresh new lands
Beneath my feet
So I must go
For you deserve better
And it would not
Be fair on you
If I were to settle
For my first port of call

IT WAS MORE THAN THAT

It wasn’t the sugar sweet
Words of love
From your mouth
That made me love you
It was more than that

It wasn’t the honey coated
Sensual kisses
From your sultry lips
That kept me loving you
It was more than that

It wasn’t the wonderful
Toe curling joy of sex
That cemented
My endless love for you
It was more than that

It was then and is now
The essence that is you
Shining from within
That won my heart

BENEATH THE STAR FILLED SKY

Beneath the star filled sky
Moonlight bathed the sand
As we danced barefoot
Around the camp fire
With sand between our toes
And romance in our hearts


No comments:

Post a Comment