Wednesday 8 February 2017

Love Collection # 1

BUT DON’T TELL ME

I know you want to end it
But don’t tell me at the hotel
Don’t tell me at the café
I know I won’t take it well
Don’t tell me at the restaurant
Don’t tell me by the pool
Don’t tell me on the beach
Don’t make me look a fool
You can tell me in the ocean
And realise all my fears
Tell me as we swim in the sea
Then you won’t see my tears

ONLY SKIN DEEP

You are truly beautiful
But beauty is only skin deep
Isn’t that what they say?
Only skin deep?

But looking through my eyes
Who ever said those words
Would think that they
Now sound quite absurd

For to say of you
That beauty is just skin deep
Must stir the angels hearts
And make them weep

You are truly beautiful
To the core of your being
It’s not just your skin
That I am seeing

Your beauty emanates
From your soul,
Gracing every atom,
That makes the beautiful whole

From the marrow of your bones
It outwardly flows
So on your lustrous skin
Your beauty glows

I REMEMBER LINDA

I remember way back when,
And my first schoolboys crush
When just to look at Linda
Was like being hit with a sugar rush

I remember when she said
“I really like your shirt by the way”
Well I was so in love with her
That I wore that shirt every day

THAT’S LOVE THAT IS

My big sister really loves me
I know this because, you see
All her old clothes she gives to me
But that’s not all, I’ve just begun
Because when she is all done
She has to go and buy new ones
That’s love that is

WHEN WILL I REACH THE MAIN EVENT?

When will I reach the main event?
I’m tired of dainty canapés
I’ve had too many hors d'oeuvres
They are getting on my nerves
When will I reach the Entrée?
When will I meet the one I seek?
My life long dining companion

TOO OBVIOUS FOR ME

Every morning, I watched you
As you got on the bus with graceful ease
You skirt just the wrong side of modest
Your blouse low cut to tease
I never knew your name
You were just the flirt in a skirt
My friend was obsessed by you
But although I could look at you with lust
You were not for me, not quite my cup of tea
I liked the quiet girl, two seats in front
Who got on and off the bus unnoticed
Except of course for me, I saw her
And I knew her name, and I married her

FOURSOME

I’m in love with A
Alas she likes B
B fancies C
But C wants me

LONELY GIRL BY THE WINDOW

Lonely girl by the window
Looking out on the world
As ever alone in her room
By the window sits the girl

She watches from the window
As the world passes her by
As always alone in her room
She sits by the window and cries

Lonely girl by the window
Sits at the window and dreams
And hopes that life for her
Isn’t as despairing as it seems

She watches from the window
Wishing in her lonely solitude
With all the hope in her heart
That one day she will be rescued

SWEET LOVE SONG

Each word leaving
Your sweet lips
Is like a velvet caress
Your words are like poetry
Each syllable, honey coated
Every sentence
Dripping with nuance
The formed verses
Of loves refrain
All at once
Lightening my heart
And touching my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment