Thursday 16 February 2017

Tales of Love # 7

HAIR OF RED

Hair of red
Falls untamed
Over ivory skin
Stark in contrast
Like a crimson rose
Against bridal white

IT WAS MY GOOD FORTUNE

It was my good fortune
That you came my way
For like a broom you swept
My loneliness away

TOUCHED BY THE GODDESS

Touched by the goddess
Our hearts surrendered
As Venus worked her spell of love
And nothing could break the bond
That fitted us perfectly
Like a hand inside a glove
So strong were the bonds
That entwined our hearts
And held us prisoners of love
Only death could part us
And I am now haunted
By the call of the mourning Dove

YOU VIEW LOVE AS A SNARE

You view love as a snare
Of ordinary everyday life
And won’t be trapped into
The ritual taking of a wife
But who will support and
Comfort in times of strife
If you don’t open your heart
To the simple joys of life

THE LOVE THAT DARE NOT SPEAK ITS NAME

The love that dare not
Speak its name
For fear of bringing
Upon them, shame

Denial of their love
Would be a cruel betrayal
For inside they knew
It was perpetual

Try as the families might
It would not be swept
Beneath a convenient carpet
Their bond was kept

And when they were safe
Behind a closed door
Their love was expressed
As true lovers adore

IF LONELINESS IS YOUR FEAR

If loneliness is your fear
There’s no need to shed a tear
For the solution is clear
Just find a love sincere
Someone to hold dear
And watch sadness disappear

OH FOR A SIGHT OF YOUR SMILE

Oh for a sight of your smile
Soothing as chamomile
To ease away my frown
Picking me up when I’m down

MY BROWN EYED FRAU

Where are you now
My brown eyed frau
It breaks my heart
Now that we’re apart
Sugar sweet brunette
My dearest Margaret
Wherever you might be
Come back to me

WHEN I PLIGHT MY TROTH

I don’t understand even though
I wear my heart on my sleeve
When I plight my troth
You find it so difficult to believe

I have never hidden my feelings
But I would not have plighted
Should I, for a moment, thought
They would not have been requited

A SPECIAL WORD FOR A SPECIAL GIRL

A “special” word for a “special” girl
Modesty prevents you saying its true
But if the word “special” didn’t exist
It would have to be invented just for you

HAIR OF BROWN

Hair of brown
Falls in cascade
Over freckled skin
In perfect complement
Like forest fronds
And dappled shade

KOWTOW IN MACAO

Do you remember?
In old Macao
I greeted you
With an elaborate bow
You responded
With a formal Kowtow
Then I said hello
And you said Ciao
But the formality
Was just for show
So anyone looking
Just wouldn’t know
That the two of us
In that tableaux
Were more familiar
And all aglow
In the privacy
Of the chateaux

No comments:

Post a Comment