Tuesday 14 February 2017

The Love Selection # 11

WHERE IS THE KISS

Where is the kiss?
I have craved
A kiss on ruby lips
Of brazen red
Where are those lips?
I have desired
Lips like soft petals
Slight parted
Where is that mouth?
That bears the lips
That holds the kiss
That I desire
Is it kissing another?

IF NOT FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVE

If not for you and your love
I would have no life, no existence
Beyond loneliness, if not for your love
I would have no reason to breathe

BEYOND YOU

Beyond you
I have no interest
Our courtship
Makes me complete
I waste no breath
On the mundane
I breathe only for you
Beyond you
I have no interest
I see you only,
Through laughing eyes
With my tunnel vision
I have no interest
In seeing the world
I see you alone

I SPOKE THE WORDS

I spoke the words
Though they came hard
But I could see each syllable
Cut her like a blade
Each word was a stab at her heart
The final sentence the coup de grace
A pregnant pause followed
She looked stunned
Bemused by my speech
Then the tears came
But I had no words of comfort
It hurt me to know
That I had hurt her
But I couldn’t live another minute
In a loveless void

OUR LOVE SPLINTERED

Our love splintered
Shard by shard
Almost unnoticed
Until it finally shattered

OUR LOVE UNRAVELLED

Our love unravelled
Strand by strand
Until the splicing
That bound us together
Was undone

HIGH ABOVE THE GROUND

High above the ground
The hawks of deceit are circling
As each bond of trust is consumed
To leave us cast adrift
As loves final embers die

LIKE THE IMMORTAL PHOENIX

Like the immortal phoenix
Our mortal love
Is consumed by flame
And turned to ashes
But we are reborn
As separate birds

SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL

She was beautiful
Like a Constable landscape
And she painted love
Into my dreary world
Each brushstroke
Changing me forever

HE KISSED LIFE INTO HER

He kissed life into her,
Like a prince of old
Dispelling everlasting slumber
In a Fairy story often told
When Sleeping Beauty
Woke from her trance
To gaze into the eyes of love
And then forever dance

MY HISTORY IS ONE OF SADNESS

My history is one of sadness
Lonely and loveless
No memories of joy to comfort
Only the emptiness
Of a life spent alone
Like Robinson Crusoe
On his desert island
I sit surround by the ocean
Inhospitable and deep
In my life the ocean is the world
The blue water
Its inhabitants
Washing up to my shore
But always washing away again
Tantalising and teasing
But I cannot embrace the waves
I must remain alone
On my desert island
Looking out to sea

No comments:

Post a Comment