Monday 6 March 2017

Tales of Love # 8

IN ORDER TO BE SECURE

In order to be secure
I have to be sure
That our love will last
And expectations passed
Before I can agree
To give everything of me

SHE WAS A FORCE OF NATURE

When she was a young woman
She was a force of nature
But she is a force to be reckoned with
Now she is mature

WHEN I FIRST LAID EYES ON HER

When I first laid eyes on her
It was with music in my heart
And poetry in my soul
It was she who possessed the love
Which she brought into my life
A love she generously shared
And then I fell in love with her

SHE WAS ALWAYS MORE TO ME

She was always more to me
Than just a wonderful wife
She was quite simply
The rhyme and hue of life

HORSES FOR COURSES

Horses for courses
Or opposites attracting
There is no formula
At times of interacting

It doesn’t matter
If they are that or this
I just know in my heart
I’m a hit for my miss

THE IDLE RHYTHM

The idle rhythm
Of Her song
Soothes the soul
And cools like balm
The molten heat
Of raw desire

WITH A HEART FULL TO THE BRIM

With a heart full to the brim
With love and passion
I promised her this
She would forever occupy my heart
And possess my very soul
From the moment we kissed

OH SWEET HEART

Oh sweet heart
I yearned for you, until
That first moment
Of that exquisite thrill

Oh sweet heart
I yearned for you
When you left me
Lonely and blue

Oh sweet heart
I can’t take this bitter pill
I yearned for you
I yearn for you still

HAIR OF SILVER

Hair of silver
Falls untamed
Over blemished skin
In perfect complement
Graceful aging
And timeless beauty

I FIRST MET ANDREA

I first met Andrea
Beneath a stone grey sky
In the barren frost covered fields
Where the raspberry canes would grow
Her cheeks were as red
As the expectant fruit
And hair the shade of chestnut wood
Breath plumed as she spoke
And her nose dripped in the cold
Laughter followed her
And her lips always bore a smile
As we toiled in the canes
All day long with knife and twine
And I fell in love with the girl
Whose hair was chestnut brown
Amongst the raspberry canes of autumn

WHAT ARE THE POINT OF PEARLS?

What are the point of pearls?
If not strung in elaborate swirls
About the necks of pretty girls
Or on tiaras amidst their curls
For Girls bring lustre to the pearls
And pearls add beauty to the girls

SEND ME ON A QUEST

Send me on a quest
To win your heart
Set me any task
And I will do my part

Across any ocean
I will gladly sail
Through seas of calm
And force ten gale

Across any mountain
I will gladly climb
No matter how long
I will take the time

Across any desert
On my hands and knees
I will whatever
I must do to please

No comments:

Post a Comment