Friday 26 May 2017

Mornington-By-Mere – (65) The Everyday Dream

(Part 01)

In the quaint chocolate box English Village of Mornington-By-Mere, which was the beating heart of the Finchbottom Vale, David Cooper was sat on the sofa with his girlfriend Sharon Taylor.
Sharon was a soldier in the Downshire Light Infantry and had only recently returned after 3 months away on exercise only to drop the bombshell that she had been posted to Cyprus for a 12 month tour.
The bonus was that she had a month’s leave before she had to report for duty.
So they made the most of the time and spent as much of it as possible together.
“You’re very quiet, what’s wrong?” he asked
“Nothing” she replied
“Come on, there’s something on your mind” he insisted
“I’ve only got four days left of my leave” She explained “before I have to report to barracks in Nettlefield and then a week after that we go to Cyprus”
“I know” he said
“Well there’s something I want to do before then” she said
“You’ll have to wait for my mum to go out first” he said
“No not that” she retorted
“It must be something important then” he said with concern
“I want you to take me to the Regimental Ball in Nettlefield?” she asked and tensed up
“Is that all?” he asked
“Yes, but it’s important” she replied “I’ve never been before, because I never had anyone special enough before to go with, but now I do”
“Of course I will darling” he said
“Good because I’ve already bought the tickets” she replied cheekily

David lived in the centre of Mornington in a house in The Close with his family, whereas Sharon lived on the opposite side of the village on the other side of Manor Wood where there were a number of cottages and small houses on the Purplemere Road and Dulcets Road which formed the part of Mornington Village known as Manorside and the Taylor family lived in Dulcets Road in a house called Green Fields.
Which was where he picked her up from on the night of the Regimental Ball and when he saw her his jaw almost hit the floor, she looked so stunning in a burgundy coloured cocktail dress, borrowed from her mother and matching shoes and handbag from her best friend.
He thought Sharon looked like a proper girl, not the daring soldier, afraid of nothing and nobody, she was a girl, gentle and vulnerable, and little bit frightened, and he couldn’t have been more in love with her than he was at that precise moment and when he walked into the Ball with Sharon on his arm he felt so proud.

They had a wonderful night, excellent food, a live band and lots of dancing, and neither of them really wanted the night to end, but end it did and at 2 am they were walking through Memorial Park in the moonlight heading towards the Hotel when David broke the silence as they were passing the bandstand.
“There’s something I need to talk to you about” he said and her heart was in her mouth, her worst fears were being realised, he was breaking up with her because she was being posted to Cyprus.
“I don’t know the best way to say this” he began and her stomach turned over.

(Part 02)

“There’s something I need to talk to you about” he said and her heart was in her mouth, her worst fears were being realised, he was breaking up with her because she was being posted to Cyprus.
“I don’t know the best way to say this” he began and her stomach turned over.
“I’m going to take two months off work, unpaid mainly, like a sabbatical, so I can come to Cyprus right in the middle of you tour, I’ve already spoken to my boss and he’s happy, so we’ll be together for Christmas and New Year” He said without pausing for breath.
“What do you think?”
“What do I think? I’ll tell you what I thought, I thought you were going to dump me” she said and slapped his arm
“Why would you think that?” he said
“Because I’m going away” she replied
“Which is why I want to come and spend time with you”
“Won’t you get bored while I’m on duty?” she asked
“No, Cyprus is a nice place with plenty to see” he replied “and there will be plenty of pretty girls to occupy me while you’re serving queen and country”
“You do know that I’m trained to kill don’t you?” Sharon said and laughed before adding more seriously
“Are you sure you want to come to Cyprus?”
“Look I’ve only just got you back in my life and I’m not letting you slip through my fingers again” he said
“I’ve decided that you’re a keeper”
“Does that mean what I think it means?” she asked
“It better had, otherwise I’ve bought this for nothing” he said “and took a ring box from his pocket”
“Oh my God” she exclaimed “Really?”
“Well what do you think?” he asked
“I…” she began and then put her head in her hands then she took a deep breath and stood to attention
“I think you need to ask me a question” she said
“Oh it’s like that is it?” he said and knelt down
“Sharon Elisabeth Emma Taylor, will you marry me?”
“Oh I don’t know” she said indifferently
“Fare enough” he replied and put the ring back in his pocket
“I got the ring on sale or return anyway” David added
“Don’t you dare” she said and got him in a half nelson until he gave her the ring “of course I’ll marry you, it’s all I’ve ever wanted”
“What to be married?” he asked
“No, to be married to you”
“Then I am your dream come true?” he said
“Well now you put it like that I appear to have set my sights rather low” Sharon jibed
“Is that right?” he said taking her by surprise and extracting himself from her head lock and turned the tables on her and bent her over the hand rail and spanked her arse hard
“Ow” she barked
“Sorry did I spank the rufty tufty soldier too hard” he said and spanked her again
“Oww” she said “that hurt”
“So what’s your answer?” David asked and slapped her buttock again
“Ok you brute, I’ll marry you”

No comments:

Post a Comment