Tuesday 2 May 2017

Those Memories Made on Teardrop Lake – (51) When Worlds Collide

When Terry Argent awoke from an erotic dream as his train was just pulling into Shallowfield station.
He got off the train and walked quickly homeward wishing he’d not woken up from his dream, which was not so much a dream as a remembrance of the night he spent with Carol Bowman and in particular the part where she was beside him in his bed, and that remembrance aroused him.
It began to rain heavily as he walked along the platform and that, combined with the knowledge that Carol very much regretted the night they spent together and was adamant that she didn’t want to repeat it anytime soon, cooled his ardour.
He quickened his pace and as he rushed headlong around a corner he met someone coming the other way and they collided and both ended up on their backsides on the pavement.
“I’m so sorry” he said getting quickly to his feet and proffering a hand to the prostrated figure of Carol Bowman which she took.
“Nonsense” she replied, “I wasn’t looking where I was going, my mind was elsewhere”
“Mine too” Andrew said “are you ok? Are you hurt?”
“Only my pride” Carol replied
They dusted themselves off, figuratively speaking, and there was a brief moment of awkwardness as the spectre of their alcohol fuelled night of lust the previous weekend reared up.
“Anyway” she said “Duties to perform”
“Yes” he agreed “things to do”
They tried to part company, which they did as clumsily as they had come together in the first place, and ended up face to face.
“I want to kiss you” he said and moved towards her and Carol’s lips parted in anticipation but she dodged him at the last second
“I’m on duty” PC Bowman replied
“I still want to kiss you” he said “especially in your uniform”
“If you were to do that I would have to arrest you” she retorted
“I’ll risk it” he said and kissed her and Carol responded
“Terry Argent I am arresting you for assaulting a police officer”
She said and handcuffed him and frogmarched him around the corner and put him in the back of a Blue Ford Focus.
“I thought you were on duty” he said
“I lied” Carol replied “my shift ended an hour ago”
“So what are you going to do with me?” he asked
“Absolutely everything” the PC replied



No comments:

Post a Comment