Monday 9 August 2021

LIVING IN THE SHADOWS

 

I finally looked into the shadows

And saw where you live

Because I’ve reached the end

I have no more to give

 

I really loved you

And I thought you loved me

But it wasn’t love

That you wanted from me

 

You wanted control, of

My every thought and deed

You brow beat me and bullied

Until you got me to conceed

 

You've always been there

Behind my tears

Belittleing and undermining

Feeding off my fears

 

Deprecating me, correcting me

Telling me I’m wrong

Bleeding me until I am weak

Making yourself strong

 

But all those empty years

I just couldn’t see

I was blind to just how bad

You really were for me

 

But now my eyes are open

And I see the man within

Those dark days are behind me

And my new life can begin

No comments:

Post a Comment