Monday 15 February 2021

ANONYMOUS ANGEL HIDDEN FROM VIEW

 

I saw you this morning

As I walked to work

You were a little in front of me,

For part of the way,

And you fell beneath my gaze.

I noticed your feet first,

Clad in sporting wear

Your shoes were sexless,

Indeterminate in gender

The only distinguishing feature

Was that they were small, But that was all.

Your black trousers were baggy

And gave nothing away

As was your sweatshirt

Which was large, long and grey,

Reaching down to cover your bum

Your brown hair was medium length

Of no particular style

So could have been masculine or feminine.

Had the necessity not arisen

For you to reach into your back pocket

I would not have noticed

The shape of your buttocks

The movement of which,

As you walked, gave you away

You were most definitely a girl

As I got closer the wind moved your hair

And through the fine brunette strands

I glimpsed in the delicate lobe

A simple feminine stud in your ear.

You continued walking head down

Watching your sexless feet

Afraid to look the world in the eye

Or afraid the world would notice you?

Either one might be true

I was level with you as we reached the kerb

And you looked up in my direction

To check if the road was clear

And I glimpsed your face,

A pretty face, a lovely face,

Briefly our eyes met

Beautiful soft blue eyes

But I could not hold your gaze

And you looked back at your feet

Withdrawing again into your shell

But I know you’re in there now

So tomorrow morning

I will look for you again

No comments:

Post a Comment