Wednesday 6 July 2022

ALEXA

 

I have always been rather partial

To a skinny brunette

That’s always been my ideal

It stems from when I was a lad of 14

And the time I saw Alexa

I fell in love with instantly

She was two years younger than me

And when I first set eyes on her

I thought I had died and gone to heaven

She was so perfectly beautiful

Of course she didn’t even know I existed

So I would watch her from a distance

A vision of loveliness

Playing with her friends

I never had the courage to speak to her

But I would practice

What I would say

If I ever got the courage

But of course I never did

So I would say them in my head

And make believe
I said the words to her

I would dream of a time

When I would ask her out

And we would walk away together
Holding hands as we walked down the street,

But it was only a dream

I wish I could go back to that time...

When I saw her standing there.

Knowing what I know now

And speak to her of my love

For Alexa, the skinny brunette

If only I could live my youth again

No comments:

Post a Comment