Friday 19 November 2021

SO I WILL GIVE YOU MY HEART

 

You are a vision in my eye

A veritable goddess, exquisite

Perfection, that’s what I see

When I look at you

But when you look my way

You don’t really see me

It’s as if I am invisible

You look right through me

You don’t even see my beating heart

So full of love for you

More with every passing day

But I cannot make you see me

So I will give you my heart,

I can give nothing more

Being invisible and insubstantial

Here it is, take my heart

Guard it and keep it secure

Until that moment when

You feel the same as I

And the heart I gave to you

Becomes more precious than a gem

That instant when your heart

Takes you unawares

And I am no longer invisible

That moment you crave to be with me

And will be content

To be my only love

No comments:

Post a Comment