Tuesday 19 January 2021

REJUVENATED

 

Laughter rings now

In the once empty caverns

Of my heart

Sweet wine now flows,

Replacing the bitter brew

Which once coursed

Through narrowed veins

My senses, once dulled by time

Now sharp, concise

Vision like a soaring eagle

Able to hear the beat

Of a hummingbirds wings

Nostrils filled with exotic scent

Heady and cloying

Exquisite tastes tantalize

An unsophisticated palate

And the reason

For my transformation

My metamorphosis

Is an angel

Earthbound

Who has energized an old man

Invigorated my senses

She has rejuvenated me

Stirred my soul

Though she will never know,

Must never know

How she has affected me

I will view her from a distance

And exchange polite greetings

A warm smile, a familiar nod

I will keep my own counsel

And I will feel contentment

Though my love is unrequited

No comments:

Post a Comment