Sunday 10 January 2021

Uncanny Love Tales – (042) Scratching an itch

 

Ben Williams and Peta Westphal were colleagues, but by no means friends, in fact they really didn’t like each other, so no one was more surprised than they were that they ended up in her Hotel room on the night of their company’s Summer Ball.

“So, that was surprising” Ben said as they lay in bed

“I can’t argue there” she agreed

“I didn’t even think we liked each other” Ben said

“We don’t, didn’t” she said and pulled a face

“Well we must like each other a bit” he suggested “On some level at least”

“Well, maybe not “like”” she said as they sat in bed drinking wine

“How does that work?” He asked

“Well it’s like this” she explained, “my work is my life, for now anyway, and I enjoy my own company, and I’m not really a sexual being”

“I can’t say I noticed that” he pointed out

“Well every now and then I get an itch that I need someone else to scratch” she confided

“And the rest of the time?” he asked

“The rest of the time I do my own scratching”

“That I’d like to see” he said, but she just gave him a look, then after another glass of wine she elaborated

“When I first met you, I knew instantly that you were a man who wouldn’t be looking for ties and I found that very attractive”

“I’m not sure if I should be flattered or not” He said

“Be honest isn’t that what she thought when you first met me?” Peta asked

“Pretty much” Ben replied after a moment’s thought

“Good because I’m not looking for a life partner, just a “friend” with benefits”

“Oh” he exclaimed and then Peta drained her wine glass and said

“Now I think I would like another go with your scratcher”

No comments:

Post a Comment