Wednesday 30 June 2021

IF I KNEW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW - ANNE

 

If I knew then what I know now

I would not have hesitated for a second

I would have asked out Anne

Lovely self-conscious Anne

Who never saw the beauty in herself

The brunette hair that framed her face

Her fabulous legs which she often kept covered

Her intoxicating laugh

The little scar on her cheek

That went red when she was tipsy

Anne who never saw what we all saw when we looked at her

Who always thought herself ordinary

Nothing could have been further from the truth

If only I’d asked her

But I dithered and I was too late

And I lost her to another

So instead I ended up dating her younger sister

Just to stay close, which was torture

And if I knew then what I know now

That night after the dance

When I sat alone with her in the lounge

With Marion asleep in her bed

I would have crossed the room

And rummaged in that awful baggy caftan

That she always wore wrestling her out of it

And I would have spent every precious minute

Caressing her naked flesh

Playing her body like an instrument

While my girlfriend slept above

If only I’d known then what I know now of life

No comments:

Post a Comment