Tuesday 22 June 2021

IN THE COMPANY OF ANGELS

 

IN THE COMPANY OF ANGELS

 

If I am the first to go

I will wait for you in the place

Where the crowns of Angels glow

 

If I go first because I lost the fight

I will be waiting with the Father

Where the tunnel opens into light

 

If I am the first one there

I will await you in lush meadows

Where heady perfume fills the air

 

If I go first and leave you lonely

We will meet again in paradise

In our loved ones company

 

If I am the first to go, allay your fears

I will be waiting in the place

Where there are no more tears

 

If I go before you and we must part

I will wait for you in heaven

Where sweet music soothes the heart

 

If I am first to go we will meet again

In a far better place than this

Where God has banished pain

 

If I go first through the eternal door

You will find me with the angels

Where suffering is no more

 

If I am first to go by days or years

You will find me waiting there

Far beyond this vale of tears

No comments:

Post a Comment