Wednesday 27 October 2021

Mornington-By-Mere – (37) Three Days of Christmas (Boxing Day)

 

(Boxing Day)

 

On Boxing Day Siobhan and Bryan were once again in the Shallowfield Road bus shelter sharing a kiss when she suddenly said 

“I have a confession to make,”

“Not another one?” he said “I’ve still got the bruises from the last one” 
“No not that kind of confession” she said

“Oh, what then?” he asked her “You’re not married are you?”

“Not that I remember” she replied “and I would hope if I were married I wouldn’t be standing in a bus shelter kissing another man”

“No, that’s a very good point” he said

“And furthermore if I was married I don’t think I would have handcuffed you to my bed on Christmas Eve, would I”

“No” he admitted and wondered what the confession might be on that boxing.

 

 

They were on their way to the Old Mill Inn and the reason they were on their way there was because they showed live football in the bar and Abbottsford Town were playing Abbeyvale Borough and Bryan was an Abbottsford fan and not only was it a derby match but it was important match because it was a top of the table clash.

Although to be honest it was always an important match when Town played Borough.

But despite the importance of the game they still stopped in the bus stop where she was making another confession.

Bryan was pleased that she wasn’t married, she could have been married for all he knew, he hadn’t known her long and they’d only been dating for a month so there was a lot he still didn’t know about her, but she was only 17.

Her name was Siobhan Chapman and she was born and bred in the village, he also knew where she went to school and who her parents and siblings were.

He knew that he liked the look of her from the first minute and asked her out a minute later and he had seen her every day since.

So as they were on their way to the pub on Boxing Day to watch the football and she suggested they stopped for an intimate interlude in the bus shelter, how could he resist.

It was kind of an instant attraction thing, certainly for her, and since the first attraction it had gradually deepened and now he was head over heels in love with her.

“What then?” he asked still unaware what her confession was.
“Oh God I’ve been dreading saying this” she said and he was really worried, she may not have been married but she could still have been engaged or had a boyfriend.

But as worried as he was he wasn’t sure if he really wanted to know.

But Siobhan took a deep breath and he braced himself

“I’m an Abbeyvale supporter” she said and closed her eyes and grimaced but it took a moment for the full implications of her statement to sink in.

“I think I would have preferred it if you were married” he said and Siobhan moved close in to him and asked

“Do you mean you would prefer it if a married woman was in love with you rather than an Abbeyvale supporter?”

“She loves me” he said to himself and he wasn’t sure if that shocked him more than the fact she supported Abbeyvale Borough.

“I'm sorry,” she said “Not much of a Christmas present for my new boyfriend I’m afraid”
But she couldn't have been more wrong about that it was the perfect Christmas present.

Siobhan Chapman loved him and everything else paled into insignificance compared to that and he made sure she knew that.

No comments:

Post a Comment