Thursday 8 April 2021

I WANT, I NEED

 

I want, I need, a woman to look at me

Just a glance

The way Sha'uri looked at Jackson

In “Stargate”

A look of passion

Of want and desire

Telling me all

In that one look

 

I want, I need, a woman to smile at me

Her face to light up

The way Donna Reed smiled at Jimmy Stewart

In “it's a wonderful life”

A smile of passion

Of want and desire

Telling me all

In that one smile

 

I want, I need, a woman to love me

Come what may

The way Greer Garson loved Coleman

In “Random Harvest”

A deep enduring love

Wanting and desiring

Answering all my doubts

In that all-consuming love

 

I want, I need, to be in love with a woman

But no ordinary love

Special like Bogey and Bacall

Tracy and Hepburn in life and on screen

I want to see my love

Reflected back in her face

Reflecting want and desire

Telling all

In that requited love

No comments:

Post a Comment