Monday 12 July 2021

A NEW HORIZON

 

That first date, The Anticipation

Butterflies in the stomach

Would she come, would she stand me up?

Then the elation when I see her

Excitement tinged with fear

Nervous laughter punctuates nervous silences

Then relaxed conversation

The touch of her hand

Exchanged knowing glances

The end of the evening

A slow walk home, holding hands

At her door the first kiss

Then goodnight

 

Before our second date

The empty ache of longing

Stomach in knots, head spinning

The doubts and insecurities

Analyzing every second

Of our first meeting

Looking for signs, reassurances

Then the day came and all was well again

At a family function, her sisters wedding

Stolen kisses And Knowing looks

 

Then as the days past

More doubts, more insecurities

Should I say I love her Is it too soon

Does she feel the same as I?

Am I rushing it Will I scare her off

Then when we meet again

All my fears melt away

And on that first morning

We woke together

The touch of her hand

The warmth of her smile

I thought I would never doubt again

Then came the next day

When we weren’t due to meet up

No comments:

Post a Comment