Wednesday 21 July 2021

A PORT IN A STORM

Is it too much to ask

For my love to be returned

Just one simple gesture of warmth

That is all I’ve yearned

 

A burning passion is hoped for

Though in truth not expected

A heartfelt acknowledgement

But no heart has been detected

 

Drifting in and out of my life

As if I’m a convenient respite

Then when interest wanes

I am again alone in the night

 

Each bland uncaring rebuff,

Is another dagger to my heart

My love is treated with apathy

But I miss it when we’re apart

 

I chastise my self for my weakness

For accepting it and making do

I deserve better than this

I deserve a love that’s honest and true

 

I have paid all my dues

I have paid in like an endowment

Never made a withdrawal

Still there is no return on my investment

 

Now my will to continue is gone

As I am left once more Forlorn

I pray for my anguish to be at an end

Like a bird impaled upon a thorn

No comments:

Post a Comment