Tuesday 13 July 2021

CRUEL WORLD

 

My tears ran like autumn rain

When cupids love was slain

In my heart there was only pain

I turn my back upon the world

 

My world was shattered

When I lost all that mattered

And my dreams were scattered

I turn my back upon the world

 

My heart has been broken

Her love for me was only token

All her promises now forsaken

I turn my back upon the world

 

The loss of my hearts desire

Cold embers where once was fire

To love again I can only aspire

I turn my back upon the world

 

But with head high I went forward

Feeling not a little awkward

And I found my just reward

When I went again into the world

 

Though my love ended in tears

It’s never as dark as it appears

I’ve put aside my darkest Fears

And I must go again out into the world

 

Now back from the brink of madness

With Only distant memories of Sadness

My heart now resounds in gladness

Now I’m back again into the world

No comments:

Post a Comment