Sunday 12 September 2021

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

 

She had a distinct aura

That pervaded the senses

Femininity, without vanity

Beauty, without conceit

Forthright, but not brash

Confident but not cocky

Refreshingly sincere

Intelligent but not haughty

Wit without cruelty

Laughter without malice

Principled and scrupulous

Morality without piety

Could no one else see it?

Was I in a minority of one?

Surely I am not alone

In my admiration of her

As she looks at me

What does she see?

She looks at me appraisingly

What does she see?

How is she evaluating?

Is there an attraction?

Yes but more than that alone

Then simultaneously

In mutual acquiescence

We reached the conclusion

It was simple recognition

Of the similarly disposed

Of kindred spirits

We are soul mates

No comments:

Post a Comment