Monday 13 September 2021

KIWI GIRL

 

She was a tiny little thing

Barely five foot, Pint size

But larger than life

With huge grey eyes

 

Her first words were

I’m not an Aussie

I’m from New Zealand

And I’m a Kiwi

 

Christened Katherine

She preferred Kitty

At first glance

I thought she was pretty

 

Perhaps not beautiful

Well not obviously so

But certainly pretty

But not to the shallow

 

She was not compelled

By fashion or fad

In her cargo pants

And shirt of plaid

 

Her stocking feet

Made little sound

As on fairy steps

She flitted around

 

She had a delicious chuckle

Rich and fruity

When she laughed

Was when I saw beauty

 

A smile lit up her face

And her big eyes

Transformed her

From pupae to butterfly

 

Her laughing eyes

Glanced aside

And she was caught

Her look was spied

 

Her pale skin

As she blushed

Turns to crimson

And away she rushed

 

Though she dressed

Not to impress

She had a figure

Hidden, nonetheless

 

My eyes followed her

Though no others did

My pretty Kitty

This gorgeous Kiwi kid

 

Do you try to hide?

From the wicked world

The pretty girl inside

Oh lovely Kiwi girl

 

Because I already spied

The pretty girl inside

When first I looked

Into her big grey eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment