Sunday 12 September 2021

ON THAT BEAUTIFUL DAY IN JUNE

 

On that beautiful day in June

When they played that familiar tune

My heart was filled with happiness

Then I saw you in the big white dress

 

I stole a sideways glance at you

And found you looking at me too

It was quite goofy we smiled so much

I took your hand and felt your tender touch

 

Proudly we stood together side by side

As before God the knot was tied

My heart filled again with happiness

As I wed the girl in the big white dress

 

If pride is a sin then I’ve sinned too much

I’ve felt it when I’ve felt your loving touch

I’ve felt it at our happiest and our saddest

And when I saw you in a maternity dress

 

Oh how I remember that day in June

When they played that familiar tune

And my heart was filled with happiness

When I saw you in the big white dress

 

And now as I look back across the years

To the times of laughter and of tears

I’ve never said “I love you” and not felt proud

My dearest one beneath the big white shroud

No comments:

Post a Comment