Wednesday 8 September 2021

PRISONER OF LOVE

I stole a glance at you

Lustfully larcenous

More than one in fact

I was a repeat offender

A serial gazer

In perpetual regard

Loitering with intent to stare

In open mouthed infatuation

And you caught me

Apprehended me in the act

Of elicit observation

Your arresting look

Took custody of me

A petty felon

With prior form

And with merciless intent

You stole my heart

Without hesitation

No mere act of petty larceny

You took it from me

And at once captivated me

Imprisoned me

Behind the bars of love

Once in your possession

It became valueless

Scornfully regarded

You keep it under glass

On display

Where you can watch it beat

Or by capricious whim

Play with it

Like a cat plays with a mouse

While I die by inches

Knowing you have my heart

But not one of your own

So sits a prisoner of love

In sight of death row

Indefinitely incarcerated

Behind the bars of love

No hope of parole 

No comments:

Post a Comment