Monday 13 September 2021

SEE EMILY PLAY

 

It is said that Beauty

Is in its beholders eye

Then surely in Emily’s case

Our vision must be singular

Any man with a heartbeat

Must see as I

In order not to mislead

I should state that Emily

Is not on the cover of vogue

She is no airbrushed goddess

She is a normal girl

Perhaps even ordinary

But she is beautiful all the same

She does not see it

In her self effacing way

She sees only her flaws

But in my eyes

Her beauty is enhanced

By her imperfections

And not diminished by them

She is not a perfect beauty

And so to me she is perfection

She see’s many imperfections

But I don’t see any

For example her hair

Which Emily wears long

Is straight and is of that

Undignified shade of mousy

Her ears are small, almost delicate

But they do protrude

Allowing her to hook her hair

Behind them effortlessly

Emily’s nose is a little Aquiline

But cute all the same

Her eyes are a startling pale green

And quite hypnotic

They are punctuated

With thick eyebrows

In the Brooke Shields style

Her lips are full, without a pout

And the corners turn up

Cutely innocent

The colour is pink

At its darkest hue

But all of this is merely,

Window dressing

I look at her in awe

Such is her loveliness

But the secret to her beauty

Is that she is natural

On the day I first met her

On that summers day

When her mouth opened

And those full pink lips

Turned into a smile

They illuminated the room

Her face seemed to radiate

A light so divine

And her countenance

Was at once angelic

And at that very moment

Emily captured my heart

I stood open mouthed

Staring at this goddess

Then when see noticed me

Her cheeks discoloured

To a shade of claret wine

And I knew cupid had struck

Two hearts pierced by a single arrow

No comments:

Post a Comment