Sunday 12 September 2021

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

 

I was drawn to her

Like a moth to a flame

My eyes were drawn to her

Slender frame

Her hypnotic green eyes

Deep and intense like precious emeralds

Held me entranced,

Paralyzed like a serpent’s prey

Her skin was lustrous

Like a fresh picked peach

And her cheeks glowed

With the faintest hint of red

Her mouth opened

Lips like the petals of an open flower

Were moist as if with morning dew

She spoke, her words soft

And her voice smooth as silk

Mesmerized me like music

I answered her without hearing the words

It was almost dreamlike

My heartbeat fast in my chest

As I swam in and out of reality

I felt her hand in mine

And she led me into the garden

Where we strolled together

Through the fragrant twilight of moonbeams

Her scent was heady as the exotic blossom

Of orchids in spring

My heart still pounded

As her mesmeric voice

Like an angel’s whisper

Led me on through the moonlight

I seemed to float through the evening

Almost disembodied

And in those many magical moments

I surrendered my heart and soul

To the vision named Clarissa

No comments:

Post a Comment