Wednesday 10 August 2022

CHRISTMAS CAROLE

 

My feelings and emotions,

Long since repressed,

Stirred from their slumber

Feelings I thought had long passed

Were awakened like a sleeping giant

Reappearing like long lost friends

Out of the blue and so unexpected

And Carole was the reason

We met by chance

A week or so before Christmas

In a crowded book shop

Amidst the throng of Christmas shoppers

We simultaneously emerged at the checkout

Both clutching a copy of the same book

The dickens classic

“A Christmas Carol”

Spotting each others proposed purchases

We both smiled

And as far as we could see

We were the only people smiling

Surrounded as we were

By a multitude of the disgruntled

I found myself suggesting coffee

And was pleasantly surprised to here her accept

Following that first chance meeting

We quickly became inseparable

We would sit and talk for hours

About everything and nothing

As we’d sit by the cosy fireside

We would share long walks in the country

And afternoons watching old movies

It soon became obvious

We had both found that elusive something

That had been just out of reach

Just over the next hill

We had found our soul mates

Now we share everything

She was the Christmas gift

I had been waiting for all my life

My very own Christmas cracker

My very own Christmas Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment