Wednesday 10 August 2022

CHRISTMAS EVE

 

We sit beside the hearth,

Just Evelyn and I

Logs crackling in the grate

Flames are burning bright

 

Just the two of us

Alone in the fire side glow

Sitting in cosy comfort

Warm from head to toe

 

It was a year ago we met

On a very different night

When I first saw her face

In the soft glow of candle light

 

It was last Christmas Eve

When I first saw her

It was at midnight mass

And she was singing in the choir

 

She will be singing Carols

Again this Christmas Eve

We will have to stir ourselves

It’s almost time to leave

 

But before we leave the cosy scene

I have something to ask

But I’m a little bit scared

As I set about my task

 

This year has been so special

With her sharing my life

That I want Evelyn to marry me

I want her to be my wife

 

So as we sit beside the hearth,

Just Evelyn and I

Logs crackling in the grate

Flames burning bright

 

I pray that when I ask her

I get the response I dare not believe

And she will answered yes

And be MY Christmas Eve

No comments:

Post a Comment