Sunday 19 June 2022

SHE IS THE ANGEL OF THE CHOIR

 

She is the Angel of the choir

She is my only hearts desire

Her voice fills me with rapture

A voice as sweet as her nature

But though I am in a state of bliss

I could never hope for a single kiss

For she is but a visitor from on high

An angel fallen from the sky

No mortal voice could so express

Each note in perfect choral congress

 

She is the Angel of the choir

She is my only hearts desire

In truth I know she is earthly born

But nonetheless I am left forlorn

For I have her upon a pedestal so high

That even an angel fallen from the sky

When on heavenly wings she flew

Would be less exalted in my view

So I must watch my angel as she sings

As my devoted heart grows wings

And soars up high on her sweet melody

I pray my angel will only sing for me

No comments:

Post a Comment