Wednesday 19 May 2021

A SULTRY SENSUAL SUMMER (A TEENAGE GIRL UNFULFILLED)

 

How I look back with regret

At that summer long ago

A sultry sensual summer

A time of sexual awakening

When I was on the threshold,

The blossoming of womanhood

And how I curse the time

I wasted on you

All those hours in your room

Listening to your music,

Your creative juices at work

Your incessant toe tapping

And finger clicking

To your tuneless efforts

Played on the out of tune guitar

That accompanied your juvenile

Angst ridden ramblings

“The music of your soul”

Was what you called it

God you were pretentious

Even for a teenager it was extreme

You were self obsessed,

Self regarding, self centred

Self absorbed, self deluded

Egocentric and narcissistic

In fact if the word

“Narcissism” hadn’t existed

They would have had to

Invent it just for you

If only you had realized

I wanted to make music with you

Raw unscripted passionate music

An ardent duet,

Fervently reprised

I had creative juices

I had creative juices to spare

I had a song of teenage want

About a frustrated nymphet

In lust with a pretentious musician

Who would rather finger his fret!!

Well, I had urges

And I was left unsatisfied

By your excruciating folk

And your mournful dirges,

You called me your muse

Like I should be flattered

I didn’t want to be your muse

I wanted to be your groupie

I panted at you in desire

I dressed provocatively

I hinted at my lusty inclinations

I suggested you play my body

Like an instrument

But the sexual connotation,

Like everything else, was lost on you

And I remained unsullied

That sultry sensual summer long ago

No comments:

Post a Comment