Friday 14 May 2021

LOVE AT A STROKE

 

I saw her across the room

A vision of beauty to the beholder

I was struck, instantly

By her loveliness, by her elegance

The way she held herself

I was spellbound by the image

I was physically altered by her

Was this love at first sight?

Or mere infatuation

She was really lovely

And I doubtless felt something

What I saw was a rare beauty

A precious thing

Like a work of art

Treasured on a gallery wall

A painting seen from a distance

But what I felt wasn’t love

Not from the first sight of her

Desire yes, feelings of passion also yes

Want and need certainly

But real depth of love no

This comes later, after closer study

Examining the canvas

Every nuance, each brushstroke

Form, colours, composition, perspectives

Seeing beneath the beautiful façade

To find beneath the painted layers

To where true beauty resides

Only after this patient study

Can you find true depth of feeling

And claim to be in love

No comments:

Post a Comment