Tuesday 4 May 2021

FROM THE SHADOWS

 

I stood in the shadows

As I had often done before

Out of sight, to see yet be unseen

To look upon that vision of loveliness

She talks with friends in the gardens

Unaware of me

Her skirt was long and green

From high waste to ankle low

Her crisp blouse of white

Enhanced to elegance of her neck

The long sleeves encasing her slender arms

Covered her fine boned wrists

Her hair was red

Red like burnished copper

Thick and full bodied tied back at her nape

Her eyes were the hue of polished emeralds

In a setting of perfect pale skin

No jeweller could ever hope to equal

Her mouth pale lipped, strong yet sensitive

When transformed into a smile

Illuminated her countenance

As if a light had been switched on

Perusal of every inch of her delicate frame

Returned echoes of a cultured creature

Dressed in the finest Edwardian elegance

More than a class above me

I step from the shadows

Returning unseen to my duties

No comments:

Post a Comment