Wednesday 19 May 2021

WHEN DID ACQUAINTANCE

 

When did acquaintance?

Turn into friendship?

When did friendship become affection?

When did affection change to love?

There were no obvious signs

That I can recall

No waves crashing on the rocks

No rockets in the sky

No bells and whistles

No brass band playing

No symbols crashing

But it has happened anyway

Was it when I saw you enter the room?

Or when I first heard you speak

Was it when I heard you laugh?

Or when you first spoke to me

Was it when I saw you smile?

Or when I made you blush

Was it when we danced?

Or when we first held hands

Was it when I stared deeply into your eyes?

And saw into your soul

Perhaps it was while we kissed

Or when we made love

There was no obvious cause

It was not any one of the above

Yet it was all of them and more

No comments:

Post a Comment