Friday 20 May 2022

IF I HAD NOT LET YOU GO

 

If I had not let you go

What would we be now?

The perfect couple?

Mr and Mrs Right?

Or sad reflections of ourselves

 

If I had not seen

That we were not right together

We would now be

Bitter and resentful

Fighting like old dogs

Scratching at each others wounds

 

Love made us blind

Your love for me was deeper

And so you were blinder

So it hurt you more

When I let you go

 

I was right to let you go

I didn’t want to hurt you

Though I know I did

But I would have hurt you more

And I would not have regretted it

If I had stayed

 

If I had not let you go

I would have broken you

Broken your spirit

As well as your heart

You would not now know

Loves true face

So I can tolerate your hate

To know you are truly happy

No comments:

Post a Comment