Friday 20 May 2022

MISMATCH

 

I do love you

You must accept that as a given

There was never any question

Of my not loving you

But there was always something missing

You must have felt it too

A “close but no cigar” kind of feeling

So I do love you

But no matter how great the love

The uncomfortable truth is

You’re not the one

You’re not my soul mate

I wish you were

Because I do love you

But we are not a matched pair

Almost but not quite

But she’s out there

Somewhere, waiting, wondering

Maybe having this same conversation

With her mismatch

She’s out there

The perfect one

The one made for me

The one I was made for

We only get one chance

To get it right

And we have got it wrong

He is out there somewhere

Your perfect half

Who will make you whole

And make you happy

You must seek yours out

And I must search for mine

No comments:

Post a Comment