Friday 20 May 2022

NATURAL HIGH

 

From the moment I met you

I’ve been on a high

A natural high

I feel like I’m walking on air

I giggle to my self

Or laugh out loud

For no reason

And if I start to come down

And I need a fix

I think back to our first kiss

Or the first time I held your hand

Or I re read your love letters

And I’m floating again

Or I’ll call you on the phone

Just to hear your sweet voice

And the call will last for hours

Since falling in love with you

You’ve made me feel young again

With your joy of life

As we run through sprinklers

And swing on the swings

Or make sand castles on the beach

Everything is a joy when I’m with you

Driving in the country

Queuing at the supermarket

Every moment is filled

With good conversation

Punctuated with special glances

We share each other

We share a hot shower

We share a bubble bath.
We share a bed

We lie in bed and listen to the rain

My fingers playing with your hair

And I look into your eyes

And I know you love me

I see it looking back at me

Since we fell in love

I’ve been on a high

A natural high

And I never want to come down

No comments:

Post a Comment