Tuesday 17 May 2022

Uncanny Love Tales – (051) On Sabbatical

 

Laying in his bed after an exhausting examination of his estranged wife’s body Kenny asked

“What are you doing here? you didn’t say you were returning to Downshire”

They had been separated for two years after Elaine was offered and accepted a promotion which meant her relocating to Boston, believing he would relocate with her, she was wrong.

“You didn’t ask” she replied

“No, I didn’t,” he acknowledged “but that’s because you said you weren’t coming back”

“Change of plans” she said “I’m on a three-month sabbatical”

“Three months” Kenny exclaimed “what’s the catch?”

“Why does there have to be a catch” she said defensively

“There always is” he pointed out,

“I’m relocating” Elaine retorted

“Where to?” he asked

“Abbottsford” she replied, and he thought he had misheard her

“Abbottsford?” he asked, “How long for?”

“That depends” Elaine replied

“On what?” he said

“You” she replied “Because if you don’t want me back in your life I’ll head back to Boston”

“Of course, I want you back” he said “I never wanted you to go”

“Then I’m staying for ever” she replied, and they made love again.


No comments:

Post a Comment