Monday 30 May 2022

WOUNDED HEART

 

It was love at first sight

It’s crazy but it’s true

You are the one

So, I set my cap at you

 

But for a reason I couldn’t tell

You withdrew inside your shell

 

Getting close to you

Is like stalking a deer

You run away

If I get too near

 

Who has hurt you so much?

That you flinch at my touch

 

I try to get closer

I see a chink of light

Then you slam the door

And take flight

 

Who has caused you such harm?

That you draw back in alarm

 

Let me unlock your heart

With my loving key

I will protect you

Let me close and you will see

 

I am not the man who harmed you

The love I feel for you is true

 

When I get too close

You turn away

You run for your life

But I’ll try another day

 

Please don’t lock yourself away

I will keep the hurt at bay

 

Don’t let him win

Don’t be beaten by the fear

Don’t run away to safety

Like a startled deer

 

Let me help you to love again

Let me show you love without pain

I will be patient in my love

I will wait if that’s alright

And give you time to heal

Then bring you out into the light

No comments:

Post a Comment