Saturday 7 May 2022

Tales from the Finchbottom Vale – (51) Do you Want Everything with that?

 

The Channing family owned and operated a number of “Burger Vans” one of which was on the Shallowfield road on the Childean side of Forestdean.

During the Summer, eldest daughter Georgina ran it with the help of David Wythe, who were both university students, and although they both attended Abbottsford University, they were doing different degrees and had never met before that summer.

They got on very well despite his being quite shy and fancying the pants off her and being unable to do anything about it.

Which he may have done had he realised Georgina really had the hots for him as well, but he didn’t and so nothing happeaned.

She knew he liked her though, she’d caught him looking at her on more than one occasion, but despite her dropping very unsuble hints he never asked her out.

Georgie was an old fashioned girl though and didn’t believe in asking a boy out, she preferred to be more subtle and use her allure.

Which of course didn’t work on him, even though she’d given him all the signals, green lights and all the bells and whistles, he just wasn’t getting the message.

So after having worked together for a month she decided that she obviously had to make the signal clearer.

So one rainy afternoon when they hadn’t had a customer for an hour she said

“We might as well shut up for the day”

“ok” he agreed

“You put the shutters down and pack awy the tables and chairs while I clear up in here” she suggested

“No problem” David said and went outside.

By the time he had finished securing the shutters and stowing away the furniture David opened the door and Georgina was standing there wearing a green figure hugging dress, black stockings and stillettoes. 

Her flowing red curly hair tumbled over her alabaster shoulders and her lips wore some freshly applied lippy.

David looked at her and could see everything he’d ever desired in front of him and she looked back at him and asked.

“Do you see any thing you like?”

“Yes everything” he replied but he was

“Then come and give me a kiss” she said invitingly

“We’re not being picked up for an hour”

He stepped inside and closed the door behind him but before she let him kiss her she said as she stood close up to him.

“Before we go any further I have to know something, are you going to ask me out?”

“Only if the answer is yes” he replied

“I’m standing here wearing my best dress looking drop dead gorgeous so do you really think I might say no?”

“Well its obvious when you put it like that” he remarked

“So?” she teased

“So will you go out with me Georgie?”

“I knew you fancied me” she said smugly and kissed him

“So?” he asked holding her off

“So why didn’t you ask me out before?” she asked

“I was working up to it” he replied

“Working up to it?” she retorted

“We’d have graduated Uni by the time you got round to it”

“You still havent answered my question” he reminded her

“Which was?”

“Which was, will you go out with me Georgie?”

“Ha ha I made you ask again” she giggled

“Shut up and kiss me” he said and took her in his arms

No comments:

Post a Comment