Sunday 29 May 2022

LOVE IS A ROLLER COASTER

 

Being in love with you

Was like a roller coaster ride

Exhilarating and stomach churning

But not in a good way

Not in that happy waving your arms in the air

Screaming with delight kind of way

 

No not your roller coaster

Oh there was exhilaration

You took me to dizzy heights

When you really took my breath away

When I thought life didn’t get any better than that

Like walking through fields of flowers in the sunshine

Or hand in hand along an empty beach

Declarations of love and promises for the future

Making me feel I was the most special person in the world

 

Then without warning came the stomach churning

That headlong rush into darkness

Cast down into a trough of despair and bitterness

Jealousy and accusations

Venomous verbal tirades and volleys of flying fists

Churning my stomach and breaking my bones

 

Being in love with you

Was like the roller coaster ride from hell

So I got off and walked away

And I will never ride with you again

Your declarations of love and promises for the future

Are just empty words

Drowned out by your venomous tirades

Thinking of you may still churn my stomach

But you will break my bones no more

I got off your roller coaster broken and battered

But with my spirit in tact


No comments:

Post a Comment